This privacy notice was last updated on 25 July 2018.
Who we are
Co-Counselling International (CCI) is a peer network of co-counsellors. Its main purpose is to provide opportunities for co-counsellors to contact each other and to meet up in sessions, groups and workshops.
Click here to find out more at Wikipedia about Co-Counselling International.
- Who is responsible for the visibility of your personal data?
- What information does CoCoInfo collect and when?
- How does CoCoInfo use your information?
- Who does CoCoInfo share your information with?
- What are my data protection rights?
- How long is my information retained?
- Security of your personal data
- Contact information
1. Who is responsible for the visibility of your personal data
We control the ways your personal data are collected as well as the purposes for which your personal data are used by CoCoInfo. So we are the “data controller” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable European data protection legislation.
- You decide whether your contact details are displayed or not in CoCoInfo’s internal Contact List, which is only accessible for co-counsellors registered with CoCoInfo.
- You decide who has access to your postings, varying from only yourself, co-counsellors only, or any visitor to the website.
- You are responsible for naming other people in your postings. If you would like to name someone, we would appreciate it if you consult them first.
Links to other websites and social media
This notice does not apply to any services provided by any other co-counsellor or co-counselling website. Where we provide links to other websites, we do so for information purposes. These websites are outside our control and are not covered by this privacy notice. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy notice, which may differ from ours.
2. What information does CoCoInfo collect and when?
When you visit CoCoInfo:
We do not use any technology on your device tracking what you are doing outside the CoCoInfo website. Having said that, information is collected about which IP addresses visited the CoCoInfo website, which external links people or spambots used to reach us and which pages have been visited. This information is deleted automatically after three days.
When you create an account on CoCoInfo:
We collect your name, surname, username, unique password, contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address, skype name), name(s) of core training teachers, year of core training, language preference, newsletter subscriptions and date of registering. Some of this information is mandatory, some is voluntary.
When you log in:
CoCoInfo sets a login cookie on your device in order to identify you as being signed in. Until and unless you log out this cookie ensures that you do not need to log in each and every time you visit CoCoInfo. Also your most recent log-in date will be added to your record on CoCoInfo.
When you create a post or add a comment:
Your name is linked to that post or comment.
When you create an event announcement:
Your name is linked to the event details, such as venue, type of event.
When you register for a specific event:
If relevant: travel and accommodation requests, dietary requirements, Information about other people in your booking, the age range of any children coming with you, grant requests and ways of paying.
Where we request information from you we will collect the information set out in the relevant forms or pages.
3. How does CoCoInfo use your information?
We use your personal data for the following purposes
- To check whether newly registering people have indeed done their CCI core training
The purpose of CoCoInfo is to bring together people who have done their CCI core training. In order to avoid fraud and protect the privacy of registered co-counsellors we double-check with Co-Counselling teacher(s) and/or regional organisers whether new registrants have indeed been trained in the Co-Counselling International approach as they say on their registration form. To achieve this we use your name, your city, teachers and first year of training in the Co-Counselling International approach.
- To email you one or more CoCoInfo newsletters
We may send you email newsletters, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these. For example when you create an account on our website you will receive the CoCoInfo newsletter unless you express a wish to not receive this newsletter. All newsletters contain an ‘Unsubscribe’ link.
- For an event organiser to manage event registrations
When you are registering for an event through CoCoInfo, the event organiser uses your information, for example to respond to your registration, your travel needs and your accommodation and dietary requirements.
- To communicate with you
Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or SMS (text message) for administrative or operational reasons.
4. Who does CoCoInfo share your information with?
- The organiser(s) of an event you are registering with
When you register for an event, we share your contact and registration details only with the involved event organiser. Nothing else. We do not share email lists with prospective workshop organisers.
- Other circumstances in which we will disclose your information
In the unlikely event that we have a legal obligation to disclose your information to local or foreign regulators, governments, law enforcement authorities, advisors, courts, tribunals and arbitrators, we have to do so.
5. What are my data protection rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access: You can find all the information we hold on you in your account and profile. If you lose this access, you can send an email to webmasterco-counsellng[dot]info.
- Rectification: You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal information by going to your account and profile on CoCoInfo.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete all your personal information. The author name of any posts you created will be replaced by an anonymised number.
- Objection: You can object to us using your personal information, for instance for event registrations.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your information, you can withdraw consent at any time.
If it is impossible or difficult to exercise any of the above rights yourself by accessing the CoCoInfo website, please send an email to webmasterco-counsellng[dot]info.
All of these rights are free to exercise and we will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible and in any event, within one month of receipt of your written request. We will inform you within one month of receipt of such requests whether we will need longer to respond, for example due to the complexity of the request.
6. How long is my information retained?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep information about you for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your information. You still have the right to get your information deleted earlier.
Examples of our retention periods are:
- When you submit a post, your name as author will be retained unless you request it to be anonymised.
- Where you are a CoCoInfo member, we shall keep your personal information for the duration of your membership, normally followed by a period of up to two years after you cease being a member.
- Where you have registered for an event, we will normally keep your information for up to four years thereafter.
7. Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
9. Contact information