We had a business meeting on Monday October 21. We were with the people who were there still, as many Israeli participants had to leave the CCI on Saturday evening. We had a very good participation in this meeting. Gilli offered to do the facilitation of the meeting. We had a short time for the meeting but with the discipline we have and with our cocounseling experience we did manage to stick to the time we agreed upon. I really want to celebrate our way of dealing with topics which might take long time of discussing and for which we felt we can deal with the topics in an adequate way and very structured. Thanks to Gilli for facilitating this process! Great to feel so much support the CCI community. I felt a very good spirit in the business meeting!
An small impression of the participants in Beit Oren in the Business meeting.
The topics we dealt with were:
- What do you bring to the business meeting?
- News from the communities
- Upcoming CCI’s
- CCI world pass
- UN proposal for an international day for reconciliation
- Peace messages
- Agota´s idea
- One word: what do you take with you from the business meeting
- We start with a round saying one word about what we bring to the meeting.
- News from the communities
- Michael announces CCI 2014 April 22-27 in the USA.
There are cocounseling courses for psychology students for course credit.
- Daniel announces the CCI in July 2014 in Germany.
- Dymphna: gives cocounseling courses in Northern Ireland for people who have traumas over bombing and imprisonment. It is a one weekend course.
- Celia: there is a steady stream of cocounseling classes going on! And the stream is increasing.
- Sue spoke about the Peer Support Network, which uses cocounseling and there is someone hired for three days per week who is responsible for getting people in the courses.
- Gilli spoke about the excellent teachers’ workshop after CCI 2013 in Launde Abbey.
- Agota. Core people of Hungarian cocounselers come to CCI’s. There was a fundamentals course with 10 people in November 2012. There is a vibration in Hungary for cocounseling. Cocounseling for cancer patients in order to build a support network. Inspired by the work of Siglind and Johannes in Germany (with House Kloppenburg, where there’s integration of psychological counseling and cocounseling.)
- Luiza tells about Avi and Janice’s teaching fundamentals in prison. And about the ongoing Arab – Jewish support group in Nazareth. For the regular courses it is difficult to get enough participants. She is continuing the 4th round of class on age, (age range from 27 till 74).
- Joke spoke about the teachers’ weekend in The Netherlands. There are new plans and there is a commitment to give short workshops in which cocounseling and non-cocounseling techniques are being used. Non cocounselers can participate and in this way they can learn cocounseling little by little. This fits into the idea of a World Pass to cocounseling.
- Sophia spoke about a one day meeting where they did shamanic travelling.
- Janice spoke about regular meetings for sessions in people’s homes. Anyone knowing how to do sessions can participate: DROR or RC cocounselers.
- Future CCI’s
- 2014 USA 3rd week of April
- 2014 July / August Germany
- 2015 January New Zealand
- 2015 July /August Ireland
Other CCI activities
Gilli spoke about the family week in the UK, where children come and learn about cocounseling. They try to reach teenagers for a fundamentals course. She is concerned about the interpersonal skills of young people.
In Israel there are two annual workshops, one in Spring and one in Fall. The next CCI in Israel will be in 2016 (every three years, 1.5 year alternating with New Zealand). Everyone from abroad is invited to join the workshops.
Agota shared about offering a process for thematic meetings for personal growth and for reconciliation.
- CCI World Pass
We have CCI cocounseling on one side and the world on the other side. In between is the 40 hours fundamentals course. There is no network of starters. We are building on a Facebook like page (website) to connect people who have done some bits and pieces of cocounseling through different courses/workshops offered by co-counseling teachers. Through this site they can keep track on the co-counseling techniques they have learnt. So they are building up their skills and can be gradually integrated into the Network and link up with other co-counselers. This website will be online towards the end of the year.
- Proposal to be sent to the UN for an international day of reconciliation.
DROR community has prepared a draft of a proposal to ask the UN to declare an international day of reconciliation. They are asking for support from other CCI communities. We may make the request through AVAAZ* with many signatures. DROR will send this to all participants of the business meeting. It can be put on coco-list and on CCI World News. Niek is willing to make the letter public.
- Peace News
Daniel tells about his activities in EAPPI (Ecumenical Accompaniment Program for Palestine and Israel). He shared that there are people working in Jerusalem and that they are willing to speak about their activities. People are welcome to contact the group and to joint them in their activities. Interested DROR people may contact the group in Jerusalem.
- Agota’s idea:
She is in contact with a Jewish music conductor in Jerusalem and with a Palestinian painter in Haifa. They both have been staying in her B&B house in Hungary. She wants to bring them together next year in Hungary for the 70th year commemoration of the Holocaust. She is asking for support from the community. It feels like the birth of something new! Maybe Agota and Marlies will act as the midwives for this birth! It’s a thrilling idea! Abed is the painter we are going to visit this evening. Aliyah will bring it to the DROR community.
- We finished with a round on what we take away from the meeting.
Minutes taken by Marlies with pleasure!
- * a global civic organization launched in January 2007 that promotes activism on issues such as climate change,human rights, animal rights, corruption, poverty, and conflict; it works to "close the gap between the world we have and the world most people everywhere want." The organization operates in 15 languages and claims over twenty million members in 194 countries, and The Guardian considers it "the globe's largest and most powerful online activist network".
Added back ground information:
I went to Wikipedia to look up information on the Day of reconciliation in South Africa as well as information on Yom Kippur which is about repentance and forgiving. I think it might be helpful to combine our proposal with existing activities.
The Day of Reconciliation is a public holiday in South Africa held annually on 16 December. The holiday came into effect in 1994 after the end of apartheid with the intention of fostering reconciliation and national unity.
Yom Kippur (Hebrew: , IPA: [ˈjom kiˈpuʁ], or ), also known as Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year for the Jewish people. Its central themes are atonement and repentance.
For the USA I found: WORLD DAY OF RECONCILIATION & HEALING FROM THE LEGACY OF ENSLAVEMENT Richmond, Virginia (USA) - Liverpool, England - Benin, West Africa
Contact information for EAPPI.
Jerusalem EAPPI Coordination Office
PO Box 741
Phone: +972 2 628 9402